Family Friendly

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Clayton vs. A Haunted House



Hey guys, Clayton here, and it's time for a recent movie review. This time we're taking a look at the spoof comedy known as "A Haunted House" starring comedian Marlon Wayans who co-created the Scary Movie series. Ok, well, according to Marlon, "it's not exactly a parody" and that it's funny characters doing the opposite of what typical white people will do. Does that sound somewhat racist? Never mind, let's go to the plot. The plot is that a young couple Keisha and Malcolm move into a nice looking house when it turns out there is a paranormal entity haunting the facility, and now they must find a way to get rid of it. Now, what are my thoughts? Well, I will admit, this movie is funny, better than the Seltzerberg comedies, but at times the jokes are hit and miss. Let me explain...

What I like about the movie:
What I liked about this movie were some of the jokes. Yes, some of them are hit and miss but manage to get a laugh out of you. In some way it reminds me of the first two Scary Movie films in some way due to the very dirty and raunchy humor. I especially love the parody of the scene from "the Devil Inside", making fun of that piece of crap put a smile on my face.

What I didn't like about the movie:
The problem I had with the movie is that some of the jokes can be too offensive. If MSkull01 can point out the Hardcore Kid making gay jokes, then this movie makes HK's gay jokes look like an act of kindness, because this movie does take it a bit too far. Plus, there's also some racist jokes in the mix so if you get offended easily, I wouldn't recommend it to any one.

Final verdict:
"A Haunted House" may be hit and miss at some points, but the movie as a whole is a pretty funny parody that brings back the days of Keenan Ivory Wayans' Scary Movie 1 and 2. But I will admit, it's not for everyone, if you like parodies, you might like this movie, if not, then you won't like it.

Rating: A medium recommendation: See it if you want to.

Well, that was my review of "A Haunted House", stay tuned for Superfail Month where I take a look at Ang Lee's gamma-bomb, "Hulk". I'm Clayton and prepare for Hollywood to pay the price we HAD to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment