Family Friendly

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Clayton vs. Iron Man 3




NOTE: The following is written on the night of May 5th, 2013 at 10:45 p.m.

Hey guys, Clayton here and it's time for a recent movie review. And this time, it's my most anticipated movie of 2013! The begininng of Phase 2 of Marvel's Cinematic Universe, the first lead up movie to 2015's "the Avengers 2", and the continuation of Tony Stark's story, "Iron Man 3" (or as its spelled in the credits/title card, "Iron Man Three"). The plot is that it takes place after the events of last year's "the Avengers", Tony's still traumatized after the events, is faced with his perfect life being torn apart after challenging a terrorist known as the Mandarin by, I'm not kidding, giving out his address to him! Anyway, after doing a stupid move like that, Tony begins a journey of rebuilding and retribution. Now, what are my thoughts on my most hyped film of the year?  Well, let me start first by letting you know of what I thought of the previous Iron Man movies.

Iron Man- A great kick off to Phase 1 and a really entertaining superhero movie in general
Iron Man 2- While the weakest of the Phase 1 movies, it's a pretty fun sequel, though not as great as the first.

And now on to "Iron Man 3", it accually lived up to my expectations and a good start for Phase 2, now I will explain what I liked and didn't like.

What I like about the movie:
The positives I had with the first two were the acting and action sequences, and in this movie, the characters are fully developed and the action sequences are high-flying fun. I also liked the tone with this movie, it's definitely the darkest of the three (in similar fashion to Toy Story 3, LotR: Return of the King) and for the subject material in the movie, it works while still retaining Marvel's comic book-like atmosphere. It's also the funniest of all of them as they contain some of the funniest lines in any Marvel film, plus Stan Lee's cameo in this one acually surprised me. I also enjoyed the twists and turns the movie has especially when Tony uses the Mark 43 suit. And my thoughts on the whole controversy about the Mandarin, I actually didn't see that twist coming. I understand why they were disappointed with the twist, but the reason why I'm not all fanboy rage about it, is because to tell you the truth, I never read any of the Iron Man comics growing up (I was more of a Incredible Hulk/Spider-Man guy). But to give credit, I didn't see it coming.


What I didn't like about the movie:
But to be fair about the Mandarin controversy, it really kind of took me off after reading about the character, I mean, from what I've heard, the Mandarin is this friggin awesome terrorist, but I'm not saying the twist is bad, it just took me off a little. Plus, a small nitpick, but if you're planning on staying after the credits just like the other Marvel movies, don't give your hopes up, but to fair it was also funny.



Final thoughts:
Overall, "Iron Man 3" is better than "Iron Man 2" and up to par with the first movie. If you love the other Marvel movies, you'll love this movie. And now I await for "Thor: the Dark World".

Rating: A high recommendation. Check it out now!

Well, that does it for my review of "Iron Man 3", stay tuned for my next review, this is Clayton saying prepare for Hollywood to pay the price we HAD to pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment