Family Friendly

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cutthroat Island Review

Hello, I'm Clayton and welcome to "Clayton vs. Hollywood". Before "Pirates of the Carribean" came to swashbuckled people in theatres there was a certian pirate movie that has been widley considered to be the biggest box-office bombs of all time. And that film is none other than "Cutthroat Island" starring Geena Davis, Matthew Modine and Frank Langella. The film is about Morgan Adams and her slave, William Shaw on a quest to recover the three portions of a treasure map. Unfortunately, the final portion is held by her murderous uncle, Dawg. Her crew is skeptical of her leadership abilities, so she must complete her quest before they mutiny against her. This is made yet more difficult by the efforts of the British crown to end her piratical raids.

What I liked about the movie:
One of the aspects I like about the movie is that the film is your traditional treasure-hunting adventure movie. Need I say more? Plus, I love the actors in this film. Geena Davis shows us that female pirates can be scurvy dogs as well and Frank Langella does a fantastic job as Dawg. Another thing I liked was the music it sounds so epic for a pirate movie. And last, but not least, I loved the action-packed scenes, it gets you all suspenseful and excited for more.

What I didn't like about the movie:
There is nothing really I can say about it, it speaks for itself.

Final thoughts:
Overall, "Cutthroat Island" isn't that bad of a movie. It may not be as good as Pirates of the Carribean, but I at least thought it was a decent film. So, if you love swashbuckling action and pirates, this is the film for you.

Rating:
I give "Cutthroat Island" a high recommendation. It wasn't that bad.

2 comments:

  1. I find this color scheme difficult to read. You have light green on white. It's most comfortable to place dark text on pale backgrounds OR pale text on dark backgrounds. I would also suggest a slightly bigger font size or a different font altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should change writing color to black or something dark

    ReplyDelete