Family Friendly

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

the Crucible Review

Hello, I'm Clayton and welcome to "Clayton vs. Hollywood", you know, we had to read a LOT of really controversal books from "Lord of the Flies" to "To Kill a Mockingbird". But this year we read a story that I am not quite sure if it is controversal or not, "the Crucible" by Arthur Miller. The story is about the town of Salem, Massachusetts in a world of panic because of witchcraft. The book was accually pretty good, and I reccommend you reading it if you have the chance. But after we read it, we watched the movie version of it and that's today's review. It's basically the same as the book, the movie is centered around the Salem Massachusetts witch trials of 1692. Simple.

What I liked about the movie: Unlike "Percy Jackson", this movie accually follows the source material it is based on. Heck, the movie was written by the same guy who wrote the book, Arthur Miller. Plus the acting is pretty good, especially Winona Ryder as Abagail, perfect casting and Daniel-Day Lewis as John Proctor is pretty good.

What I didn't like about the movie: Basically the movie is just a perfect adaptation of the story but I just have one problem, why...is....everyone....in.....this.....movie....so....STUPID?! I mean the citizens are accussing everybody of witchcraft, even a poor old man! I don't think everyone got possessed by a demon, I think they got possessed by the citizens of South Park!

Final thoughts: Overall, "the Crucible" is a perfect adaptation of the story. The characters are developed well, the story is pretty good and the actors do a pretty good job with thier characters.

Rating: I give "the Crucible" a high recommendation, check it out.

I'm Clayton and prepare for Hollywood to pay for what we had to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment